Sunday, December 20, 2009

Review: A TEENAGER IN HITLER'S DEATH CAMPS by Benny Grunfeld

Kathy from Bermudaonion’s Weblog read A Teenager in Hitler’s Death Camps by Benny Grunfeld (with Magnus Henrekson and Olle Hager) for the WWII reading challenge.  Here’s an excerpt from her review:

I’ve read several other stories of surviving the atrocities of the concentration camps, but I don’t think I’ve ever read one told from a teenager’s perspective.  This book is gut wrenching and heartbreaking.  As I read it I couldn’t help but wonder how individuals can be so cruel to other human beings.  I also wondered how young people could survive these camps and go on to live “normal” lives.  Of course, Benny tells of several events that occurred that still haunt him to this day.  This book is geared to middle school and high school students, but it affected me deeply – moving me to tears on more than one occasion.

Read the complete review here.

**Attention participants:  Remember to email us a link to your reviews, and we’ll post them here so we can see what everyone is reading!**

[Via http://warthroughthegenerations.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment