Sunday, December 6, 2009

Expanding Self-Publishing Ventures

I am someone who loves self-publishing. I have spent this entire weekend, with the exception of a bit of marking, expanding my self-publishing pool. I have 32 books for offer on Lulu.com (http://store.lulu.com/kakonged). Now I am waiting to find out about whether my books will be accepted for Amazon Kindle as e-books, as well as CreateSpace. CreateSpace is similar to Lulu.com, however is one of Amazon.com’s companies.

It was a lot of hard work. Having my books on Lulu.com made it a lot easier. I found the Kindle system fairly easy to use, however with my computer at times it would take a lot of time to upload large documents that would have photos.

CreateSpace uses a .pdf format. I found this extremely efficient for uploading large files that also had photos. The first entry point seems a bit daunting at first and I ran across some glitches at first. The excellent thing about CreateSpace is that they offer free ISBNs that are generated instantly if you do not have one. This way you can also make your books available for international distribution, as well as available in libraries.

Overall I found my time working on these self-publishing projects to be well-spent. Even though I have 32 books published, I was unable to publish them all. Lulu.com may remain the key depot to find all of my books. I was able to offer some of my books for better prices than they appear on Amazon.com currently, as well as Lulu.com. I will keep you posted.

[Via http://kakonged.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment