Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cookbooks - What's Your Favorite?

I admit it – I’m a cookbook junkie!  I love reading through cookbooks of all kinds.  I can actually fool myself into believing that I will cook or bake some of the recipes found inside, too.  Well, once in awhile I have the time to do that.  Here are a couple of my very favorite cookbooks:

Don’t Panic – Dinner’s in the Freezer: Great-Tasting Meals You Can Make Ahead

This book is great for busy moms on the run. Having a meal or 2 in the freezer is so very nice for those nights when your family is running in 10 different directions. There is a second edition, as well, and I cannot WAIT to try the eggroll recipe in that one – they sound fabulous!

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking

I also love this bread book. I have made the basic white bread recipe more times than I can count, and it turns out amazing everytime. My kids love it, too. There is nothing like crusty, fresh bread with a bowl of steaming soup to warm up a cold winter evening.

What are your favorite cookbooks? Feel free to share them here – I may just find a new favorite!

[Via http://hammondlibrary.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment