Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Opening Words

Hello all!

This is my first post on my new blog. You should check back in the near future as one of the main focuses of this space will be book and movie reviews.

I read quite a lot – often devouring several books per week. I watch a lot of movies too, old and new. I generally watch movies and read books with a highly critical eye. It is difficult for me not to notice all sorts of minor flaws, inconsistencies, plot holes, etc.. Some people don’t like watching movies with me because I have a tendency to bring up all the flaws when discussing the movie afterward.

I plan to focus mainly on movies and books that I enjoyed. It is rare that I meet a book or movie that is flawless in my eyes, but they don’t have to be flawless in order to be enjoyable, informative, exciting, or hilarious. So I will present honest critical perspectives, while maintaining some degree of objectivity.

It should be noted though, that if a book or movie catches my interest enough that I give it a write up here, then it is probably worth reading or watching despite the shortcomings I may focus on. Either good enough to be remarkable, or so bad that you almost have to watch it just to see how bad it really was. Things that are just mediocre and boring won’t get written up here at all.

So if you are interested in exceptional stories, then you have come to the right place. I may be able to introduce you to a few you hadn’t known of, and I welcome your recommendations as well.

This will mostly be a movie and book review blog, but I reserve the right to go off on wild tangents occasionally as well. Look for the first book review in the next couple of days.

-unmortal

[Via http://unmortal.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment