Sunday, February 7, 2010

Millicent Marbleroller and the House of the Toymaker by Wayne Roseberry

I came across this work of magical fiction through Facebook and I am so glad I did. As an avid reader of Roald Dahl books as a child, I became  immersed in the adventures of Millicent from the start. Millicent Marbleroller is s a worthy attempt at a début novel and if Wayne Roseberry continues in this way, he could very well become the next generation’s Roald Dahl. Similarly, just like Roald Dahl, Wayne’s sense of adventure, spirit and excitement will continue, I’m sure for sequels to come.

The only criticism I have of the book is that it could be too long for younger children, however it is a great book to read with your child and is definitely a book both children and adults alike can enjoy. It is a mark of a great story that even at the age of 28 I was left between chapters wondering what will happen next, whether Millicent will beat her adversary and indeed how.

As I reached the end of the book, I marvelled at Wayne Roseberry’s talent for gripping imagination and detail.  He has a great play for words, something that as a budding  author I envy greatly.

I can’t wait to read the sequels!

[Via http://alphabetgames.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment