Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Bloody Good High Seas Adventure Tale

The Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer has been on my list of books to read for a very long time now. Well, I have some good news-RRPL finally has the complete series, including the most recent installment of the series, book 7, Rapture of the Deep: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of  Jacky Faber, Solider, Sailor, Mermaid, Spy.  The first book in the series, Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary “Jacky” Faber, Ship’s Boy, is also available on CD (but not now because I am listening to it). I just started it this morning and I really like it so far. I am making it my goal to complete the series this year, which shouldn’t be hard to do because I already love Jacky and can’t wait to read about all of her adventures as a cabin boy for the Royal Navy. What’s not to love? Incredibly long and descriptive titles? Girls disguised as boys? High Seas Adventures? Pirates? Sounds good to me! Check them out with me.

˜Megan

[Via http://rockyriverteenlibrarian.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment