Saturday, January 16, 2010

2010 Goals Update - An 'Off' Week

I’ll be honest, I hesitated about posting this update because I’m not very proud of my progress this week. But I’m hoping this serves as a good reminder that progress doesn’t have to mean perfection and having an ‘off’ week isn’t the end of the world. And maybe it’ll just serve as good motivation for this coming week! I present my 2010 goal update, week 2:

1. New 1/2 marathon PR – Still haven’t logged any long runs. Last weekend was SO cold so I skipped out on what should have been my last long run pre-half marathon. Whoops! However, I did bank an awesome 5-miler with Lindsey, and enjoyed a quick and dirty run on Friday afternoon. Maybe I’ll squeeze 6-8 in on Sunday morning and I’ll feel a bit more on track!

2. Run 9 NYRR races and volunteer for 1 – The upcoming half marathon is finally becoming very real, which is probably a good thing since it’s NEXT WEEKEND! I’m already looking forward to the next races I’m going to register for, so let me know if anyone wants some running company here in NYC.

3. 200 blog posts – This week, I posted 7 times, between Saturday and Friday. Funny, I was getting stressed earlier this week about not having enough to write about, but now I just can’t seem to stop!

By the way, if you missed them, I wrote about:

Book Review #1 – My Life In France

Recipe – Chickpea and Pasta Rosemary Soup

An Improvised Dinner and Blogger Run

Book Review #2 – The Art of Racing In The Rain

The Huz Becomes a Food Blogger

Taking Time For Breath and Prayer

And even if you didn’t miss this post, you should check out the comments from each! I really loved all your reading list suggestions and I’ve already tried a new wrap combination, as you saw this morning!

4. Read 8 books – In case you hadn’t noticed from #3, I’ve already finished book #2 and am so happy to be back into a reading groove! Once A Runner is on my nightstand and I have big plans for a Sunday afternoon of reading ;-)

5. Lose 10 pounds – I mentioned last week that my goal was to just stay on track with my .8lb/week goal. Since I’d already lost 2.2lbs by last Friday, I only needed to not gain .6lbs. This goal was definitely a success. While I didn’t lose any weight (what with the not working out much), I stayed exactly the same. Guess that means I’ll have to get back to the gym a few times next week to start losing again!

6. Eat vegetarian at least 4 days/week – Epic FAIL. Actually, that’s not totally true. While my only completely vegetarian days were last Saturday and yesterday, every meal except dinner each day was vegetarian. In fact, it was vegan! The Huz made the lamb roast on Sunday so we had leftovers that needed to be eaten. My improvised wrap was such a success on Monday that I ended up repeating it each night this week. The wraps proved to be portable, which was a huge plus since I was out of the house Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, and they were very satisfying. And now I don’t have to worry about wasting food since I definitely won’t be consuming lamb this week while on the Spark! cleanse!

So there you have it, a full disclosure update on my goal progress. Hope you’re staying on track and feeling great! If you’re struggling, how do you fight the negative self-talk? I often beat myself up for not reaching a goal but I’ve found that reminding myself of the mantra I learned from Gena (It’s about the big picture, not daily perfection) has been a tremendous help.

Check back soon for my Spark! cleanse prep pictures and a recap of my day with Miss Happy Herbivore!

[Via http://runnerwifelife.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment