Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado

The new offering by prolific author Max Lucado is in a word – Courageous!  Max approaches a common malady with the wit, insight, and biblical base that readers have come to expect. In Fearless, the subject of fear is dissected and analyzed, and the cure concocted and applied from the author of authors – Jesus. He takes fear after common fear and brings the reader to the answer for that particular phobia in the pages of the Bible.

I was absolutely thrilled with this book. I didn’t even realize how timely it is. I personally found myself dealing with some fears that I wouldn’t have even characterized as fears!  Time and time again, I found the answer in the Word of God!

I was especially pleased that the follower of Christ wasn’t painted as having a “No Fear” sign on their back. He addressed fears for believers and non-believers alike! As Max says, “Don’t Christ-followers enjoy a calendar full of Caribbean cruises? No!”

Fears are not drowned in the lake of psychology or positive thinking, they are put in the perspective of a holy, loving God who has the answers for our lives. Today. Now.  The book is inspirational and practical and so relevant to the world in which we live. I hope that it is read by many and that each is pointed to the Savior who is it’s hero!

Fearless Cover Page

[Via http://man4god.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment