Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life By Donald Miller

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years is basically a story about…Story. Stories are a common part of life for most people, but many of us have not stopped to think about what makes a good story. Miller leads the reader through his personal journey of discovering the complexity and practicality of a story. As the reader follows Miller’s cognitive adventures they discover a call to living life instead of dragging through existence.

I personally enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who is reflective of their own life. Miller’s uses his first person writing style, which I love, to break the books chapters into thought blocks. Unlike Blue Like Jazz, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years has more of progress feel to it. Each chapter draws you deeper and deeper into the mystery of what it means to live a meaningful life. In the end, it is left to the read to make the choice, do I make my life into a good story, an epic adventure, or a dime store flop.

[Via http://markman700.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment