Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The American Patriot's Bible

I selected a themed bible to review for my next Thomas Nelson Book Publishers book review.  Interesting to pick a Bible I know…but I enjoyed it!

The American Patriot’s Bible is chock full of interesting facts on American history.  It is a New King James version, which is okay, but I personally would have preferred a New International Version or an English Standard Version.  The only other thing I would change with the Bible is to have thumb tabs…simply a personal preference of mine!  The texts are easy to read and I enjoyed the mini history lessons inserted in the beginning of sections and books in the bible.  This bible is certinaly set up to provide a family history in the begining and could easily become a family heirloom.   The bible includes pages to record births of children and grandchildren, the family tree, the family church record, special family history, ancestors of interest, Military service records,  and family deaths.  There is a comprehensive subject index dealing with outstanding characteristics of the American patriot, a decent sized concordance, and colorful bible maps to end the bible out.  I would certainly recommend this bible for homeschooling families.

No comments:

Post a Comment