Friday, May 22, 2009

BABY PROOF

 BABY PROOF by EMILY GIFFIN

Well it’s been awhile since my last book review. This is mostly because I haven’t been reading much of anything lately since The Queen of Babble Gets Hitched. However, two days ago I decided to finally pick up a book and get back into reading; take a little break from my writing, and hopefully become even more inspired. After many attempts at my bookshelf in choosing my next read, I finally decided on Baby Proof.  I’ve gotten so many negative reviews from friends who have read this, probably more disappointed because to them it did not live up to Emily Giffin’s, Something Borrowed or Something Blue (two of my favourite books, F.Y.I.).  This is probably the reason that I’ve had this book on my shelf since December 2008, and have just finished it earlier today.  Anyway, this story is about a woman named Claudia who is so anti-children, for fear that her freedom, and her job will be jeopardized.  Then there’s Ben, Claudia’s loving husband who knew from the get-go of Claudia’s desire to be child-free, even agreeing that he’d be happy with her regardless.  As time went on, Ben suddenly had a change of heart – putting Claudia (and Ben) in a decision that would ultimately change their relationship, and their lives.  Though the story was very predictable, I still enjoyed it!  Infact, I didn’t put the book down very often.  It wasn’t one of those desperate-to-find-out-what-happens-next, page-turners.  However, I was into it enough that it didn’t bore me into putting it down for very long.  Still a good read!  Didn’t enjoy it half as much as Something Borrowed and Something Blue.  Do not go into it expecting it to have a similar impact on you, otherwise you’ll be highly disappointed.  Infact, expect it to be complete crap, and I’m sure you’ll like it then!

No comments:

Post a Comment