Friday, April 17, 2009

Fire by Kristen Cashore

“There are the ordinary humans; farmers, shepherds, soldiers, a king, and his court. This other land is also populated by a mutant species of creatures known as “monsters.” A monster mouse is mouselike except that it is covered in brightly colored fur and stunningly beautiful. There is a monster human with hair the color of flame. She is of devastating beauty and has the ability to bend other minds to her own.”

The human monster is named Fire. Imagine Aphrodite and then amplify her power.

This is not a sequel to Graceling but a companion, as the only character readers will recognize is the future King Leek. I had high hopes for this book and I wasn’t disappointed. I won’t give a detailed review, as I read a very early galley copy. But I will say I really enjoyed the main character, Fire. Cashore writes some really excellent dialogue - witty and poignant. I found myself laughing out loud or squealing at points. Those who enjoyed the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer would LOVE Cashore’s writing. Only Chashore’s much better!

I can’t wait to see the final version

No comments:

Post a Comment