Sunday, April 26, 2009

And the Whitneys Go to...

Here are the winners (you can read the liveblogging transcript here)

Best Romance: Spare Change, by Aubrey Mace

Best Mystery: Stephanie Black, Fool Me Twice

Best Speculative: Brandon Sanderson, Hero of Ages

Best Historical: Abinadi, H. B. Moore

Best Youth: James Dashner, the 13th Reality

Best General Fiction: Waiting for the Light to Change, Annette Haws

Best Novel by a New Author: Angela Hallstrom, Bound on Earth

Best Novel: Traitor, by Sandra Grey

Okay, so, um, I got three right in my Segullah post: Stephanie Black, Annette Haws, and Angela Hallstrom. I confess that while I am happy for the winners, I am a little bummed for the sake of those who I wanted to win. I really think Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow, deserved to win something, for instance. I could say that about a lot of other books I voted for. And heck, ones I didn’t vote for in first place but chose for second. I loved Seeking Persephone, for example.

Not that I’m trying to take away from the books that won; congratulations are in order. Way to go Whitney winners!

And to those who didn’t win, if you read this, and it’s any consolation, you can know that I (and I’m sure many others) was pulling for you. I hope to read you in the finals again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment