Thursday, March 11, 2010

Book Reflection 6

Anancy and Mr. Dry Bone

Author & Illustrator: French, Fiona

ISBN #- 0316292982

Summary: Mr. Dry-Bone live on top of a hill and he was very rich, he wanted to marry Miss Louise. Anancy lives in a small house at the foot of a hill and is very poor but, he wants to marry Miss Louise also. Miss Louise lives on the other side of the hill and she is neither rich nor poor. She is clever and beautiful, but she has never laughed. She said the first man that could make her laugh, she would marry. Mr. Dry-Bone came to Miss Louise’s door, he was dressed in his best clothes. He had brought all of his tricks to try and make her laugh. He turned himself into a bat aand then into a cat and a pig! After all of this, all Miss Louise did was smile. Anancy knew that he could do better than this. He went to tiger and asked to lend him his best suit, but all he had was a jogging suit. He also borrowed a hunting hat from dog and shiny black shoes from alligator. When Anancy got to her house, she started laughing! Anancy married Miss Louise and they lived happily ever after.

Response: This book would really get children’s imaginations flowing. I liked this book because it was somewhat different.  It is not your traditional read for students.  I feel that I would have enjoyed reading a book like this when I was younger.

Classroom Connections: I think that this book would be a great book to read aloud to students. The illustrations in this book are really colorful and would get children’s minds really flowing. If I were using this book in my classroom. I would have my students draw an illustration of what they think Anancy would look like when he went to Miss Louise’s house. I would then hang up the artwork in my classroom.

[Via http://wherrittjl.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment