Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Sunday Salon/Weekly Geeks: Leave a link to your reviews of books I've reviewed

I am combining this week’s Sunday Salon with this week’s Weekly Geeks.

1. Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I’ve written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.

2. Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post.

3. Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.

4. Leave a note somewhere on your blog to let people know this is your new policy.

5. Write a post later this week letting us know how your project is going!

So to that end, here is a list of the books I read in 2008 and a list of the books I’ve read in 2009 (not updated yet). The books I reviewed are underlined and hyperlinked to the posts; most are archived on my Just A (Reading) Fool blog (which has since been combined into this blog along with two other blogs I had). See if there are any books that you have read and reviewed also. Please provide a link to your review on my review, and as your reviews come in, I will add them to the bottom of my reviews.

I also will be adding a note here on the sidebar this afternoon, letting readers know of the new policy, and will start visiting other Weekly Geeks this afternoon to cross-reference what we’ve both reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment